Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tuscan White Beans and Foccaccia ::: 9/3/09

Tuscan White Beans w/ Sage
from Recipezaar

from The New Vegetarian Epicure
(the link is a different recipe because it would take me forever to type it our here. If anyone wants it, let me know)

Salad
::: Are you guys tired of the salad? I know it's kind of a fall-back, and they may always seem the same. I thought it might help to make a dressing as well) :::
Organic Mixed Greens
White Mushrooms
Cucumber
Kalamata Olives

Honey Mustard-Yogurt Dressing
(I made this up as I went, so no specific measurements)
Olive Oil
Walnut Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
honey
dried mustard
prepared dijon mustard
turmeric
thyme
dried onions

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, people. I think this was probably one of the worst, if not THE worst things I've made. I've made the beans before and they were wonderful, so I'm not sure what happened :(. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I called it soup and Freya ate 2 bowls, so it's a winner around here. I was wondering the same thing about salad. Should I try to not do salad every week? Do we want change?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer - we loved this meal! We ate it as a soup and finished it in one sitting. The bread was good and Lucy finished it off on our road trip the next day. I think my main problem with salad is that I don't like the dressing I have at home. So I always like it better when homemade dressing is included. I don't feel like we've had salad overload lately - seems like there has been a good balance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm glad you guys liked it! I think maybe I didn't like it because it didn't turn out the same as when I made it before...I'll try and include a dressing when I make salads, Holly. I personally could eat salad every day! But I'll try not to overload ya'll :).

    ReplyDelete