Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pesto-Crusted Salmon, Broccoli & Asparagus, and Grains

The wild-caught pacific salmon was on sale at Sprouts, and we haven't had any in a while, so I couldn't resist. I haven't added up the cost of this meal yet, but I think it was okay considering we got to eat salmon! It cooked a little quicker than I expected and I found out that the smoke alarms in our apartment DO WORK, and they are deafening! So if you try this, keep a close eye on it (we don't have a window on our oven door :( ), and turn your vent on! I was in such a hurry to get them out of the oven that I touched one of the lids with one of the pyrex dishes, and it melted it, so I'll get a new one soon and take the melted one out of rotation:\-. I apologize for how hard I expect it will be to clean them, too! Anyway, here are the recipes, total to follow:




Grains
Mix of brown rice, quinoa, whole oat groats, and millet, cooked in vegetable stock for flavor

2 comments:

  1. Great meal! We loved everything and it was an awesome treat to have salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I am not normally a salmon fan but this was great! We loved the pesto so much. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete