Friday, September 18, 2009

Spinach & Grain Gratin, Moroccan Carrot Salad, & Steamed Broccoli

Sorry for any kalamata olive overload here. I didn't realize that the casserole and the carrots both had them when I planned the menu.
-Summer

Spinach and Grain Gratin, adapted from this recipe.
In place of the rice, I used a mix of brown rice, quinoa, whole oat groats, and a little millet. I replaced the pine nuts with walnuts and used parmesan cheese because that's what I had on hand.

Moroccan Baby Carrot Salad
I used regular baby carrots in this.

Steamed Broccoli
Frozen broccoli, a few chopped cloves of garlic, steamed with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper


3 comments:

  1. We love olives so much, it wouldn't be possible to overload us. We ate and ate the carrots even after we were way too full. I am definitely making that for us again! I loved the grain dish too, and am going to try to branch out to use different fun grains from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy... you have no idea how bummed I am that this is our last meal for a while :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark thought this was lovely and he especially liked the salad. You can never have too many olives, in our opinion!

    ReplyDelete