Monday, September 7, 2009

Falafel, Hummus, Taboule and yogurt-cucumber salad

Yogurt salad:
plain greek yogurt-$5
1 cucumber .50
a bit of mint (I had it, so free)

Taboule:
Near East taboule salad-$5.50
3 tomatoes- $1.00
2 Tbsp lemon juice

Hummus:
4 1/2 cups Chickpeas $2.00
1 1/4 cup Tahini $1.50
1/2 cup olive oil
some cumin, paprika, salt, garlic, lemon juice (I just put it in until I think it tastes good!)

Falafel:

here is the recipie I used... I usually use a box but decided to try my hand at Falafel from scratch, and now I see why I use the box! We'll see how they end up...
parsley-.50
onions-$1.00

Ezekiel tortillas to wrap it all up! $5.50
Organic spring mix and baby spinach- $4.00

Total- $26.50

3 comments:

  1. Yum, freaking, yum! Thanks Jen. We all LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved it, too! We wished we had more tortillas because we wanted MORE! The falafel was great. I'm having the leftovers for lunch.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad ya'll like it! It gave baby and me some "tummy bubbles" but making the falafel from scratch proved pretty easy and way quicker than I thought. The fried aspect makes them an "only on occasion" meal, but yummy anyway!

    ReplyDelete