Monday, August 31, 2009

Dinner 8/31/09

Pasta Salad, Hummous, and Carrots by Holly

Pasta Salad

Pasta

Olives

Sundried Tomatoes

Capers

Salad Dressing

Gouda

Bell Peppers

Parsley

Hummous

Garbonzo beans

Tahini

Olive Oil

Lemon Juice

Garlic

Cumin

Salt

Carrots

I feel like the last 2 weeks I have finally hit a good balance on cost and preparation time. My inclination is to make overly complicated meals. Slowly but surely I am moving towards meals with fewer ingredients and steps. Cooking for 4 families is definately a learning process!

Total cost for 5 (including food tree delivery) = $32

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    I saw your post about your blog on the S Austin Attachment Parents Group. I love this idea. We are a vegan/vegetarian family in S Austin as well. Your menus sound divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy dinner Holly, loved the pasta :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, Holly! "Tumnus" or hummus is a favorite around here and our's lasted through snacks for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, I commented on this a few days ago, wonder what happened...Anyway, this was great. We all loved it. We love us some homemade hummus over here, and love having it to snack on throughout the week. The pasta was great, too. Sun-dried tomatoes rock!

    ReplyDelete