Monday, August 3, 2009

8/3/09 Dinner

I decided to experiment with pizza tonight to see if I could make it in the casserole dish. How did it turn out?

Margarita Pizza
Pizza dough (I make my own), baked for 8 minutes in 450 degree oven
Top with sliced fresh tomatoes, basil, mozzarella. Back in the oven for 10 minutes.

Glazed Carrots
1 lb. cut up carrots
2 Tablespoons butter
1/3 cup water
salt, pepper, spices

Put all in pot with lid on for 20 minutes. Take lid off to reduce liquid. Serve.

Spinach Salad
spinach, feta, olives, cut up pear.

Total for entire meal: $19.50. Wow!

3 comments:

  1. I think it turned out well, maybe the dough could be a little thinner, but overall, it was a hit in my home!! loved the pears in the salad... Roman ate olives (he's on a food strike right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dash stole all of the olives from our salad, too! We ate all the pizza last night and loved the carrots. I don't remember the last time I enjoyed cooked carrots so much, & Blake felt the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We enjoyed this meal. I'm not a huge fan of cooked carrots...but I know they are good for me so I ate them. Chris thought they were really good.

    ReplyDelete