Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dinner 8/9/09

Veggie Fajitas, tortillas, borracho beans, guacamole by Heather

This was a nice meal to make, it just required alot of chopping (missing my food processor!)

Veggie fajitas-- $16
4 red bell peppers
2 green bell peppers
2 large onions
baby portabella mushrooms
2 yellow squash
2 containers seitan "fajitas" (you could save some $$ by making your own)

1. chop, chop, chop all the veggies
2. marinate the veggies in soy sauce, garlic
3. saute everything in canola or olive oil (I had to do the veg in separate pans)
4. toss together into whole wheat tortillas, with chz/s.c. and enjoy!

Whole wheat tortillas from CM-- $5

Guacamole-- $8
5 lg. avocadoes (they were too pricey!)
1 lime
2 cloves garlic
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion
handful chopped cilantro
salt/ pepper

Borracho beans-- $3
2 bags pinto beans (soaked overnight)
1/2 onion chopped
4 cloves garlic
sea salt/ pepper
2 jalapenos
cilantro
tomatoes
1 beer
1. Cook it all in the crockpot, adding beer in last hour!

Total cost--$32 ( I can't seem to get under $30, but that's still pretty good!)

3 comments:

  1. So good! I loved the seitan fajitas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really enjoyed this meal and ate every last bite...although I'm still no fan of seitan. I think I had too much tofurkey in college.

    ReplyDelete