Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dinner 8/6/09

I was late all around with this one. Sorry, guys.


Spring Greens Salad
Organic Salad Mix from Costco
Sliced Mushrooms
Shredded Carrots
Dried Cranberries
Feta Cheese

Total Cost: About $20 (I already had rice and the salad toppings)

This recipe made a lot more than I expected. I ended up freezing the corn cakes for a bit before cooking them, and that helped them hold together (my first attempts with larger, non-frozen cakes were unsuccessful). I think the rice and corn cakes should freeze well cooked as well, as I know I gave you guys a lot of them. I also realized just how unevenly our current electric stove cooks, so I hope these weren't completely dreadful. And I'm hoping the stove in our new apartment is better.

1 comment:

  1. Chris and I enjoyed this meal. I chopped up a few cakes and ate them in a tortilla with cheese and spinach for lunch this weekend and it was really good too.

    ReplyDelete