Monday, August 31, 2009

Dinner 8/30/09

Carmelized Onion, Roasted Pepper, & Goat cheese quiche, Carrot Ginger soup, baguette by Heather

Caramelized onion, roasted pepper, & goat cheese quiche (for 5)-- $ 20
I roasted the peppers, caramelized onions, and just followed a basic quiche recipe using 2% milk (maybe that's why it didn't set well??)

I hope that this was okay for you guys, when I cut into ours it wasn't set very well... we have a really crummy oven, or maybe the roasted pepper had too much liquid???

Carrot Ginger Soup-- $8

Baguette from Central market-- $6

Total cost-- $34

3 comments:

  1. We LOVED the soup - so gingery! Our quiche didn't set though - so it was pretty liquidy inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer!!!.... I hope it was still edible :( ... As I've known for years I am NOT a baker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think anything of the squishiness of the quiche until I read what you wrote, because it tasted so good. BUT, we didn't get around to eating until about 11 pm, so maybe that had something to do with it. We loved the soup, and enjoyed the leftover bagette with strawberry jam for breakfast the next day.

    Oops, This is Summer, by the way. I'm signed in as Blake (his first name is Matthew)/

    ReplyDelete