Friday, August 14, 2009

Dinner 8/13/09

Pumpkin French Toast
(recipe for 4 families)

16 organic eggs
about 1 cup milk (I used a mix of coconut, rice, and cream)
1/2 can organic pumpkin
2 tsp. vanilla
freshly grated nutmeg
cinnamon

32 slices organic whole grain bread

-Whisk ingredients, dunk bread, pan fry with small pat of butter ( I used maybe 1 tbsp for the whole thing)

Oven-Fried Potatoes

small red potatoes diced
1 medium yellow onion
3 cloves garlic
salt
pepper
a few tbsp canola oil

-Toss all together, cook at 450 degrees for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.


Fruit Salad

cantaloupe
pineapple
organic raspberries

Total cost: about $30 (not such a budget meal after all :(

3 comments:

  1. Very tasty... thanks for a comforting dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I need this french toast every single week. Pumpkin....yum....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE breakfast for dinner and this was a huge hit for dinner and breakfast the next morning. And it was the first meal that Lucy ate a decent portion of. I loved the fruit salad too and I guess we need to get raspberries more often because Lucy immediately ate everyone in the dish.

    ReplyDelete