Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tomato Basil Soup, White Bean Spread, Bread, Salad

Tomato Basil Soup, not for the feint at heart!

Spinach, Apple and Pecan Salad. I caramelized the pecans. Freya called them candy pecans. Um, yep, they are.

White Bean Spread
navy beans
olive oil
rosemary
salt and pepper
Whack it all together until you get the consistency you want. I didn't measure anything. Not helpful. Sorry!

Fresh Bread
I've been experimenting and you guys got Whole Wheat, Flax, Amaranth Bread.

I made enough for 6 meals (4 of us and 2 food trees). Total: $25.68. Huh? Ok, I already had the basil, rosemary, garlic and all the bread ingredients. Wow, this was a cheap meal, folks!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Really good meal. We loved the soup, bread was awesome. Ingrid loved the bread and spread, especially. Putting the last piece and glob in her snack/luncch today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dash really like the bread and spread, too, and the soup reminded Blake of some his mom used to make for him (which is a big compliment coming from him)! I enjoyed it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say we really liked the bread as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete