Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lentil Burgers with Naan "Buns" & Spinach/Strawberry/Candied Walnut Salad

So, I've been really wanting to make naan lately, and thought this would be a good way to use it. Mostly, I just like saying "naan buns." Some of ours were a little tough. The pesto spread is great with chips, too, by the way.

::::Also, did everyone's spinach taste okay? We realized tonight that our fridge isn't cooling very well...::::



Pesto Spread
Speedy Spinach Pesto (with a little basil from home)
Greek strained yogurt (Fage fat free)

Salad
Organic Baby Spinach
Strawberries
Candied Walnuts (sugar on the stove 'till in caramelizes, toss in the walnuts, chop up after they cool)

Agave Balsamic Vinaigrette blend all with hand blender until emulsified
Olive Oil
Walnut Oil because it's so good for you pregnant mamas
Agave Nectar
Balsamic Vinegar
sea salt
pepper
chives


3 comments:

  1. We liked this meal. My spinach was fine - the salad was delicious and I loved the naan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this meal was a BIG hit at our house! uma and steven gave it two big thumbs up. i really enjoyed the salad! fruit and nuts on salad with sweet/salty dressing is totally up my alley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Freya gobbled up the burgers with gusto and our spinach was fine. In fact, I loved the salad and I'm not too keep on salad these days.

    ReplyDelete