Friday, July 31, 2009

Dinner 7/30/09

Cooked by Summer and Blake

Most of this meal was put together the night before, which I loved. It made for a much less stressful Thursday because all I had to do was cook the pasta, ad the "sauce" and get everything packaged.

I'm thinking that I need to invest in a giant bowl (or 2) and a giant stock pot, because mine just aren't big enough to cook and stir this stuff without sloshing it all about.
I made the mistake of putting the pasta in a 150 degree oven to warm it up before bringing it to you guys, and it dried it all out. Luckily, I had made enough for 4 families (forgot that Heather was taking the week off), so I switched it out so you guys wouldn't have to eat crunchy pasta. It made me wonder what I would have done if I hadn't had enough extra!


Here's what we made:

Farfalle with Feta and Chipotle (from Vegetarian Times, surprise!)

Tomato, Melon, and Cucumber Salad (from thedailygreen.com)

Zucchini Muffins (from 101cookbooks.com--an amazing blog if you haven't read it)

2 comments:

  1. I really liked the pasta and LOVED the salad. We were split on the muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, super yummy! I loved the muffins. 101 Cookbooks is one of my go to sites for recipes, too!

    ReplyDelete