Monday, November 16, 2009

Dinner 11/15/09

Minestrone Soup, Organic Pears and Apples, Bread and Cheese with Walnuts by Heather

Wow, so this was my first week back and I thought I'd start with something simple.... it wasn't easy with two kids to juggle this though. My soup was alot more prep than I expected, hope it was good and hope I can get the hang of this again!! It's good to be back : )

Minestrone Soup (my own)
veg stock (2 cartons)
2 can tom. sauce
1 1/2 can kidney beans
handful of pasta
4 carrots
5 sticks celery
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
1 bunch kale
2 bay leaves
oregano
salt and pepper

Saute the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery in olive oil, add tomato sauce and veggie stock to boil. Add kale and cook until tender. Add kidney beans and pasta at the end.

Organic pears and apples- Costco $8

Bread, Cheese, and Walnuts-- $10

Total for meal -- Probably around $40, but I made a ton (2 batches of soup frozen) and I delivered to Courtney, so overall a very affordable meal!

2 comments: